Record Last Week: 7-0 (50 RS, 16 RA)
Season Record: 18-9 (163 RS, 116 RA, 18-9 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Four games @ Astros (Mon. to Thurs.); Three games vs. Indians (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a four-game series against the Twins. Giancarlo Stanton’s big game helped the Yankees to a 14-1 win Monday. They picked up an 8-3 win Tuesday and a 7-4 win Wednesday. The Yankees finished the sweep thanks to Gary Sanchez’s walk-off home in Thursday’s 4-3 win.
- A trip to Anaheim was next. Didi Gregorius’ late homer gave the Yankees a 4-3 win Friday, then they pounded the Angels in Saturday’s 11-1 win. The Yankees extended their winning streak to nine games with Sunday’s 2-1 win.
- Injury Updates: Tommy Kahnle (shoulder, biceps) has resumed playing catch. Clint Frazier (concussion) and Brandon Drury (migraines) have started minor league rehab assignments. Greg Bird (ankle) and Billy McKinney (shoulder) went to Tampa to continue their rehab. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, hip, foot) isn’t close to returning.
- Patrick Corbin sounds very interested in becoming a Yankee. The Yankees added A.J. Cole in a cash trade with the Nationals and lost David Hale and Jace Peterson on waivers.
- Tyler Austin’s suspension was reduced to four games. He missed the three games against the Angels and will return tomorrow.
- The Yankees are expected to sign two highly regarded international prospects this summer.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.