2015 Season Record: 87-75 (764 RS, 698 RA, 88-74 pythag. record), lost wildcard game
Top stories from last week:
- The season came to an abrupt end Tuesday night, when the Yankees were shut out 3-0 by Dallas Keuchel and the Astros in the AL wildcard game. Rob Refsnyder, Slade Heathcott, and Gary Sanchez all made the wildcard game roster.
- Joe Girardi touched on several topics in his annual end-of-season press conference a few days later. Brian Cashman said no one should expect the Yankees to change managers this offseason. Manager Dave Miley will not return to Triple-A Scranton, however.
- CC Sabathia checked into an alcohol rehab center earlier in the week and was not available for the postseason. Nathan Eovaldi (elbow) was going to be added to the ALDS roster as a reliever if the Yankees had advanced.
- Cashman confirmed the Yankees rejected a deal that would have sent Refsnyder and Adam Warren to the Athletics for Ben Zobrist at the deadline. Michael Pineda and Eovaldi have the largest projected arbitration raises this offseason. The qualifying offer will be $15.8M this winter.
- Aaron Judge and Greg Bird were among Baseball America’s top Double-A Eastern League prospects. Jorge Mateo has been working at second base in Instructional League to get familiar with shifts.
- The Yankees prefer to replace assistant GM Billy Eppler internally, but will look outside the organization as well. Eppler was named Angels GM last week.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?