Record Last Week: 4-2 (46 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 70-59 (676 RS, 541 RA, 77-52 pythag. record) 2.5 GB in ALE, 3.5 GU on WC
Opponents This Week: vs. Indians (three games, Mon. to Weds.), vs. Red Sox (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day, then the Yankees headed to Detroit for a three-game series. They blew the Tigers out in the first two games, earning a 13-4 win Tuesday and a 10-2 win Wednesday. The Yankees lost 10-6 Wednesday in a game that featured three benches-clearing brawls.
- The Yankees returning home for a three-game weekend series with the Mariners, a series that started with a frustrating 2-1 loss Friday. They rebounded for a 6-3 win Saturday and a 10-1 win Sunday. Always good to get a series win, especially after dropping the first game.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (shoulder), Starlin Castro (hamstring), and Greg Bird (ankle) were all activated off the disabled list last week. Bryan Mitchell, Tyler Austin, and Tyler Wade were sent down to make room. Justus Sheffield (oblique) has resumed pitching in games.
- Following the brawls with the the Tigers, both Gary Sanchez (four games) and Austin Romine (two games) were suspended. They’re both appealing. Joe Girardi, Tommy Kahnle, Clint Frazier, and Garrett Cooper were all fined but not suspended.
- Industry speculation is Derek Jeter will try to lure Yankees farm system head Gary Denbo to the Marlins once the sale of the team is final.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.