Record Last Week: 6-1 (44 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 74-43 (608 RS, 468 RA, 72-45 expected record), 9.5 GB in ALE, 6.0 GU for WC spot
Schedule This Week: One game vs. Mets (Mon.); Three games vs. Rays (Tues. to Thurs.); Three games vs. Blue Jays (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The road trip continued with three games against the White Sox. Lance Lynn dominated in Monday’s 7-0 win, Miguel Andujar got a big 13th inning hit in Tuesday’s 4-3 win, and the Yankees finished the sweep with Wednesday’s 7-3 win.
- The Yankees returned home for a four-game series with the Rangers. They hit five home runs in Thursday’s 7-3 win, but Masahiro Tanaka got rocked in Friday’s 12-7 loss. The Yankees rebounded with a 5-3 win Saturday and a 7-2 win Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Judge (wrist) says it is “still fractured” and he has not yet started swinging a bat. Giancarlo Stanton (hamstring) is playing through tightness. Gary Sanchez (groin) and Clint Frazier (post-concussion migraines) continue with their rehab, but there is no firm timetable for either to return. Jacoby Ellsbury (hip) had season-ending surgery.
- J.A. Happ returned from the disabled list and Chance Adams was sent down to clear a roster spot.
- The Yankees will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 1998 World Series team on August 18th.
- Ken Singleton will return to the YES Network on a reduced workload next season.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.