Record Last Week: 3-3 (20 RS, 14 RA)
Season Record: 11-18 (101 RS, 126 RA, 11-18 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Royals (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. White Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day in Baltimore, then the Yankees dropped their series opener with the Orioles 4-1. CC Sabathia stopped the six-game losing streak with Wednesday’s 7-0 win. Masahiro Tanaka‘s gem was wasted in a 1-0 loss in the series finale.
- The Yankees returned home for a weekend series with the Red Sox. Aaron Hicks‘ first homer of the season helped the Yankees to a 3-2 win Friday, then the big hits finally came in Saturday’s 8-2 win. They were unable to finish the sweep in yesterday’s 5-1 loss.
- Injury Updates: Alex Rodriguez (hamstring) and Sabathia (groin) were placed on the 15-day DL. The hope is they can return after the 15 days, but it may be longer. Jacoby Ellsbury (hip) is day-to-day with a strained muscle. Brett Gardner (elbow) has since returned to the lineup after being hit by a pitch.
- Aroldis Chapman will indeed take over as closer when he returns later today. James Pazos, Ben Gamel, and Phil Coke were among those called up throughout the week as a result of the injuries.
- The Yankees are not among the teams with interest in free agent righty Tim Lincecum. The Twins made an “aggressive” offer for Justin Wilson over the winter.
- Brian Cashman said the team is not planning a shake-up despite their early-season struggles.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.