Record Last Week: 4-3 (34 RS, 30 RA)
Season Record: 68-55 (585 RS, 518 RA, 69-54 pythag. record) 0.5 GB in ALE, 5.5 games up on WC spot
Opponents This Week: vs. Astros (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Braves (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The homestand started Monday with the first of three against the Twins. The Yankees walked off with an 8-7 win in the opener, then Alex Rodriguez‘s go-ahead grand slam gave them an 8-4 win Tuesday. Greg Bird hit his first two home runs in Wednesday’s 4-3 win to complete the sweep.
- The Indians came to town next, and New York’s ninth inning comeback fell short in Thursday’s 3-2 loss. The Yankees played poorly in all phases in Friday’s 7-3 loss, though they rebounded for a 6-2 win Saturday. They dropped yesterday’s finale 4-3 to fall to 2-5 against the Indians this year.
- Injury Update: CC Sabathia (knee) is likely headed to the DL. Bryan Mitchell (face) suffered a small nasal fracture after being hit by a line drive. Michael Pineda (forearm) made another minor league rehab start and will rejoin the rotation Wednesday. Mark Teixeira (leg) is day-to-day with a bone bruise and has yet to return to the lineup. Dustin Ackley (back) has resumed baseball activities and could begin a minor league rehab assignment this week.
- The Yankees are among the teams “poking around” on Jose Reyes. The Angels could look to hire assistant GM Billy Eppler to be their next GM. Branden Pinder, Chris Capuano, Caleb Cotham, Nick Rumbelow were on the bullpen shuttle last week.
- The Yankees retired No. 20 for Jorge Posada on Saturday and No. 46 for Andy Pettitte on Sunday.
- The 2015 postseason schedule was announced.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?