Record Last Week: 4-2 (33 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 6-6 (64 RS, 56 RA, 7-5 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Tigers (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Mets (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees started the week in Baltimore and used a pinch-hit grand slam to beat the Orioles 6-5 in the opener. A late-inning comeback fell short in Tuesday’s 4-3 loss and the bullpen completely melted down in the 7-5 loss in the series finale.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees went to Tampa and got two home runs from Alex Rodriguez in Friday’s 5-4 win. Masahiro Tanaka returned to form in Saturday’s 9-0 laugher, then New York hung on for a 5-3 win yesterday to complete the sweep.
- Injury Updates: Ivan Nova (elbow) and Chris Capuano (quad) are both facing hitters in live batting practice. Jose Pirela (concussion) will play in his first minor league rehab game today. Brett Gardner (wrist) missed a few games with a bone bruise but has since returned to the lineup. Carlos Beltran (illness) is day-to-day. Ian Clarkin (elbow) has been shut down for a few weeks with inflammation.
- Dellin Betances will fall short of Super Two status after the season but Didi Gregorius will qualify. Joel De La Cruz was outrighted to Triple-A and Matt Tracy was lost on waivers to the Marlins.
- The Yankees have been scouting Braves infield prospect Jose Peraza. They didn’t have interest in a Craig Kimbrel/Melvin Upton Jr. package before the season.
- Slot values for the 2015 draft and 2015-16 international signing period have been released.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?