2014 Record: 84-78 (633 RS, 664 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), did not qualify for postseason
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees re-signed Stephen Drew to a one-year contract worth $5M. He can earn up to $1.5M in incentives. Drew will presumably play second base. The team also re-signed Slade Heathcott to a minor league deal.
- Jeff Pentland and Alan Cockrell will be named the new hitting coach and assistant hitting coach, respectively. Joe Espada will be the new infield coach. It’s unclear if he is also taking over as first base coach. Triple-A Scranton and Double-A Trenton both announced their 2015 coaching staffs we well.
- RHP Ty Hensley suffered several facial injuries, including multiple fractures in his jaw, after he was attacked over the holidays by a former collegiate football player because he wouldn’t tell him the size of his signing bonus. Hensley is pressing charges.
- The Yankees are the “heavy favorites” for free agent Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada and have “strong interest” in free agent Cuban right-hander Yoan Lopez.
- New York City Football Club has announced its 2015 home schedule at Yankee Stadium.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?