2015 Season Record: 87-75 (764 RS, 698 RA, 88-74 pythag. record), lost wildcard game
Top stories from last week:
- Spring Training officially opened Thursday when pitchers and catchers reported to Tampa. Joe Girardi held his annual start of spring press conference and said he may use only two of his three big relievers per game as a way of keeping them fresh. Gary Sanchez is considered the favorite for the backup catcher job. Everyone is healthy.
- There is still “no firm timetable” for the announcement of Aroldis Chapman‘s seemingly inevitable suspension. He plans to appeal any punishment but would not be allowed to play while waiting for a hearing per the domestic violence policy.
- The Yankees agreed to a two-year contract worth $11.5M or so with Tommy Hunter over the winter, but backed out over medical concerns. They did sign Chris Parmelee, apparently. New York was among the teams to scout Cuban outfielder Alexei Bell’s recent workout. Carlos Corporan has a late-March opt-out in his contract.
- Aaron Judge topped Keith Law’s top ten Yankees prospects list. The Yankees will have a $5.77M draft bonus pool and a $2.28M international bonus pool this summer.
- The Yankees are discontinuing the print-at-home ticket option because they don’t want undesirables sitting in the premium seats.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.