Record Last Week: 3-3 (23 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 63-60 (510 RS, 539 RA, 57-66 pythag. record), 4.0 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: @ Mariners (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Orioles (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games against the Blue Jays. Chad Green pitched the Yankees to a 1-0 win Monday, but the bullpen blew a 6-0 lead in Tuesday’s 12-6 loss. The Yankees dropped the finale 7-4.
- The Yankees headed out to the West Coast following Thursday’s off-day. They beat the Angels 7-0 on Friday and again 5-1 on Saturday. New York lost 2-0 yesterday though.
- Injury Updates: Nathan Eovaldi (elbow) had surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon and partially torn UCL. He’s out until 2018 in all likelihood. Brett Gardner (ankle) and Chase Headley (Achilles) missed a few games but have since returned to the lineup.
- Gary Sanchez will be the starting catcher and Brian McCann will be the DH the rest of the season. Mark Teixeira says he is “staying put” and won’t waive his no-trade clause. Chasen Shreve and Kirby Yates were involved in up-and-down moves this offseason.
- MLB is considering adding a pitch clock and making changes to infield shifts and reliever usage.
- Hal Steinbrenner didn’t rule out a spot for Alex Rodriguez in Monument Park.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.