Record Last Week: 5-2 (33 RS, 29 RA)
Season Record: 84-78 (680 RS, 702 RA, 79-83 pythag. record), 5.0 GB of postseason spot
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the week with one last game in Toronto, which they won 7-5 Monday thanks to some clutch late home runs. The benches cleared earlier in the game.
- The final homestand of the season started with a 6-4 win over the Red Sox on Tuesday. Mark Teixeira‘s final career home run — a walk-off grand slam — gave the Yankees a 5-3 win Wednesday. The Yankees finished the sweep with a 5-1 win Thursday.
- The last series of the 2016 season started with an 8-1 loss to the Orioles on Friday, which eliminated New York from postseason contention. The Yankees earned a 7-3 win Saturday. The season ended with a 5-2 loss yesterday.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (forearm) did not make his scheduled start Saturday because the Yankees shut him down, though he was healthy enough to pitch. Starlin Castro (hamstring) returned to the lineup last week. Chad Green (forearm) has resumed playing catch. James Kaprielian (elbow) was removed from the Arizona Fall League roster, though he is pitching in Instructional League.
- CC Sabathia wants to pitch beyond 2017 and he hopes to remain with the Yankees. Joe Panik’s name came up in trade talks with the Giants about Andrew Miller.
- The Yankees have three of Baseball America’s top rookie ball prospects. J.R. Graham was outrighted off the 40-man roster.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.