2014 Record: 84-78 (633 RS, 664 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), did not qualify for postseason
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees added Tyler Austin, Danny Burawa, Branden Pinder, and Mason Williams to the 40-man roster to protect them from next month’s Rule 5 Draft. They also sold Zelous Wheeler to the Rakuten Golden Eagles in Japan for $350,000 and signed infielder Jonathan Galvez to a minor league contract.
- Brian Cashman reiterated the team’s priorities this offseason are the left side of the infield and the rotation. He also said the Yankees will “test the waters” with Alex Rodriguez at first base.
- The Yankees have some interest in free agent righty Jason Grilli, perhaps as a replacement closer should David Robertson leave via free agency.
- Raul Ibanez is no longer interested in the hitting coach job. Cashman confirmed the team will interview a new candidate this week.
- The Yankees signed 16-year-old Colombian outfielder Bryan Emery to a $500,000 signing bonus.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?