Regular Season Record: 91-71 (858 RS, 660 RA, 100-62 pythag. record), second in ALE
Postseason Record: 7-6 (51 RS, 42 RA), won AL WC Game, won ALDS, lost ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- Aaron Judge was unanimously named Rookie of the Year, and he was runner-up to Jose Altuve in the MVP voting. Luis Severino finished third in the Cy Young voting and Joe Girardi finished fourth in the Manager of the Year voting.
- The managerial search continued as the Yankees interviewed Giants bench coach Hensley Meulens (Thursday), ESPN analyst Aaron Boone (Friday), and Dodgers third base coach Chris Woodward (Saturday). Larry Rothschild will return as pitching coach next year no matter who the Yankees name manager.
- The MLBPA set today as a deadline to hammer out a posting agreement for Shohei Ohtani. The union is haggling with MLB and NPB because they think too much money would be going to the Nippon Ham Fighters, and not enough to Ohtani.
- The Yankees checked in with the Marlins about Giancarlo Stanton and reportedly have interest in Jurickson Profar. Also, they have not yet asked Jacoby Ellsbury to waive his no-trade clause.
- Nick Rumbelow was traded to the Mariners for minor league pitchers J.P. Sears and Juan Then as the Yankees clear 40-man roster space in advance of today’s Rule 5 Draft protection deadline.
- Chad Green will come to Spring Training as a starting pitcher. There’s no reason not to try it in camp. He can always shift back to the bullpen if it doesn’t work.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.