Record Last Week: 2-4 (33 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 91-58 (763 RS, 606 RA, 90-59 expected record), 11.5 GB in ALE, +8.5 GU for WC spot
Schedule This Week: Monday OFF; Three games vs. Red Sox (Tues. to Thurs.); Three games vs. Orioles (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees started the week in Target Field. They picked up an easy 7-2 win Monday, but lost 10-5 Tuesday and lost 3-1 Wednesday. Annoying series is annoying.
- Following Thursday’s off-day the Yankees returned home for the final homestand of the season. First up: The Blue Jays. The Yankees earned a decisive 11-0 win Friday, though a comeback fell short in Saturday’s 8-7 loss. Sunday’s 3-2 loss meant back-to-back series losses to bad teams.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Judge (wrist) has been activated off the disabled list, though he can only play defense and run the bases right now. He’s been taking batting practice and could return as a hitter soon. Aroldis Chapman (knee) has thrown two bullpen sessions and will face hitters either today or tomorrow. He could return after that. Both Brett Gardner (knee) and Luke Voit (back) were day-to-day last week but have since returned to the lineup.
- Chance Adams was called up last week and Justus Sheffield will be called up this week. Triple-A Scranton lost the International League Championship Series.
- The Yankees are among the teams not happy with the Josh Donaldson trade.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.