Got some roster notes to pass along:
- RHP Dillon Tate has been promoted from High-A Tampa to Double-A Trenton, the team announced. He has a 2.62 ERA (3.64 FIP) with 19.3% strikeouts and 6.3% walks in nine starts and 58.1 innings since coming back from a shoulder issue. Tate came over from the Rangers in the Carlos Beltran trade after being the fourth overall pick in the 2015 draft.
- RHP Jonathan Holder has been placed on the Triple-A Scranton disabled list, the team announced. That’s not good. The Yankees really beefed up their bullpen at the trade deadline, but losing pitching depth is never a good thing. Hopefully it’s minor and Holder will be back quickly.
- OF Carlos Vidal was placed on the Low-A Charleston disabled list, the team announced. Not sure what’s wrong with him, but he left yesterday’s game after a single and running the bases. Vidal’s had a bunch of injury problems over the years. OF Dom Thompson-Williams was bumped up from Short Season Staten Island to take Vidal’s roster spot.
- The Short Season NY-Penn League All-Star Game rosters were announced (North and South) and no Staten Island Yankees made it. Huh. Can’t remember the last that happened. Staten Island has been in first place pretty much all year too. Chances are someone will go to the All-Star Game as an injury/promotion replacement, so whatever.
Triple-A Scranton (7-2 win over Gwinnett)
- CF Mason Williams: 2-5, 1 R, 1 2B
- 3B Miguel Andujar: 1-5, 1 R, 1 K
- DH Tyler Austin: 1-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K — 4-for-16 (.250) in his five rehab games
- LF Jake Cave: 1-5, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 2 K
- 1B Ji-Man Choi: 1-2, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB — keeps socking dingers … that’s 12 in his last 26 games between Triple-A and MLB
- LHP Caleb Smith: 6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, 4/3 GB/FB — 62 of 95 pitches were strikes (65%) … 102/31 K/BB in 100.2 Triple-A innings this year
- RHP Nick Rumbelow: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 0/2 GB/FB — ten of 13 pitches were strikes