The 2018 High-A Florida State League All-Star Game will be played at George M. Steinbrenner Field in Tampa this year, and on Friday the rosters were announced (North, South). Seven Yankees made it: IF Diego Castillo, C Francisco Diaz, RHP Nick Green, RHP Mike King, LHP Trevor Lane, RHP David Sosebee, and RHP Trevor Stephan. King and Stephan were recently promoted to Double-A, so they’ll be replaced on the roster. The All-Star Game is Saturday, June 16th. You can get tickets here. Some more notes:
- So long, Oliver Perez. His minor league contract automatically included a June 1st opt-out given his service time, and he used it. The Yankees could’ve added Perez to the MLB roster and kept him, but nope. He was let go today. The 36-year-old southpaw had a 2.57 ERA (3.00 FIP) with 15 strikeouts and three walks in 14 innings with Triple-A Scranton.
- Baseball America (subs. req’d) posted their monthly top 100 prospect list update today. IF Gleyber Torres (No. 3), LHP Justus Sheffield (No. 26), OF Estevan Florial (No. 48), and RHP Albert Abreu (No. 71) all made it. RHP Chance Adams (No. 78 last month) dropped out. Gotta say, updating a top 100 prospects list every month seems like overkill.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (4-0 win over Indianapolis)
- SS Tyler Wade: 1-5, 2 K
- CF Clint Frazier: 1-4, 2 R, 1 2B, 1 BB, 2 K — 12-for-30 (.400) with four doubles, a triple, and a homer in his last seven games
- 3B Brandon Drury: 2-4, 1 R, 1 BB — Triple-A on-base streak is up to 24 games
- 1B Mike Ford: 2-4, 1 2B, 2 RBI, 1 BB
- C Kyle Higashioka: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 K
- RF Billy McKinney: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 K — three homers in the last four games now
- 2B Ronald Torreyes: 0-3, 1 BB — 3-for-18 (.167) in four games since being sent down
- LF Mark Payton: 0-1, 3 BB — first game of the season after hurting his knee at the end of Spring Training and needing surgery (given the recovery timetable, meniscus?)
- RHP Chance Adams: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 3/5 GB/FB — 62 of 93 pitches were strikes (67%) … first start without a walk since May 19th of last season (29 starts ago) … lots of ups and downs so far this season, this one’s an up
- RHP Cody Carroll: 2 IP, zeroes, 2 K, 2/1 GB/FB — 15 of 24 pitches were strikes (63%) … 33/10 K/BB in 25.2 innings