The Yankees have announced a few roster moves:
- IF Ronald Torreyes has been activated off the Triple-A Scranton temporary inactive list and sent to High-A Tampa. He’d been away from the team since June 26th because he went home to be with his wife, who had a medical issue. Now he’s back and going to Tampa for what amounts to a rehab assignment. Glad Mrs. Toe is apparently doing okay.
- 1B Brandon Wagner has been promoted from High-A Tampa to Double-A Trenton. Wagner hit .270/.376/.510 (154 wRC+) with a farm system leading 20 homers in 87 games for Tampa. Nearly 5,000 players have played in the minors this season and only 18 have more homers than Wagner. Thirteen of the 18 are older than him.
- C Keith Skinner has voluntarily retired. He was the team’s seventh round pick in 2016. Skinner hit .218/.298/.267 (68 wRC+) in 72 career minor league games.
The Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders had a scheduled off-day.
Double-A Trenton Thunder (4-0 loss to Hartford)
- CF Trey Amburgey: 0-4, 1 K
- DH Gosuke Katoh: 0-4, 3 K
- 1B Ryan McBroom: 2-3, 1 BB, 1 K — 6-for-15 (.400) in four games since being sent back down from Scranton
- SS Kyle Holder: 1-4
- RHP Domingo Acevedo: 7 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 WP, 5/7 GB/FB — 61 of 86 pitches were strikes (71%) … strikeouts are still down quite a bit from his career norm, though he’s starting to string together some really good starts, so that’s good