Here are some notes to start the day:
- In case you missed it earlier, 3B Miguel Andujar was called up to the Yankees and 1B Chris Carter accepted his outright assignment to Triple-A Scranton. He hasn’t reported to the RailRiders yet, but will in the coming days.
- Four Yankees farmhands were selected to the Double-A Eastern League All-Star Game: SS Thairo Estrada, 1B Mike Ford, RHP Yefry Ramirez, and LHP Justus Sheffield. Congrats to them. Here are the Eastern Division and Western Division rosters (PDF links).
- SS Kyle Holder was placed on the High-A Tampa 7-day disabled list, the team announced. I’m not sure what’s wrong with him. IF Daniel Barrios was brought up from the rookie Gulf Coast League to fill the roster spot. Calling up a GCL kid suggests a short-term injury.
- Make sure you check out Andrew Marchand’s article on OF Clint Frazier, who spoke about everything he’s learned since joining the Yankees. “I’m not going to shy away from letting people know I’m confident in my ability,” he said.
Triple-A Scranton Game One (7-6 win over Syracuse) completion of yesterday’s game, which was suspended due to rain with one out in the top of the first
- CF Mason Williams: 2-4, 2 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 BB — first homer of the season
- RF Dustin Fowler: 1-1, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI — homered before the rain yesterday, though he didn’t play in either game today … he is still with the RailRiders (photo evidence), so maybe the Yankees were holding him back in case they needed to call him up (to replace Tyler Austin, maybe?) … either way, that’s his 13th homer of the season and a new career high … he had 12 all of last year
- PH-RF Mark Payton: 2-3, 1 2B, 1 BB — threw a runner out at the plate
- 3B Miguel Andujar: 1-1, 1 R, 1 2B — I’m pretty sure he’s the first player to play in a big league game and appear in DotF on the same day … he played the start of the game yesterday, before the rain (duh)
- PH-3B Abi Avelino: 1-3, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- LF Clint Frazier: 3-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 K, 1 CS — had been in a 3-for-22 (.136) slump
- RHP Chance Adams: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 1/2 GB/FB — 14 of 24 pitches were strikes (58%) … he started the game yesterday
- LHP Caleb Smith: 6 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 8 K, 5/3 GB/FB — 63 of 100 pitches were strikes … only the second time in 15 starts that he allowed as may as four runs
- RHP J.P. Feyereisen: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 2/1 GB/FB — 27 of 46 pitches were strikes (59%)