Two quick injury notes to get things started:
- RHP Dillon Tate has been removed from the Double-A Eastern League All-Star Game due to injury, the league announced. That’s not good. No idea what’s wrong with him. Hopefully it’s something minor and Tate will get back on the mound soon. This could have trade deadline ramifications.
- OF Pablo Olivares was placed on the Low-A disabled list, the team announced. He left last night’s game with an unknown injury. Olivares is hitting .338/.404/.453 (147 wRC+) in 56 games for the RiverDogs this year. He was one of my Not Top 30 Prospects before the season.
The Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders are off until Thursday for the All-Star break. The Triple-A All-Star Game is Wednesday night in Columbus. RHP Cody Carroll and 3B Brandon Drury were selected to the All-Star Game. I wonder if Drury will make it to the All-Star Game after being sent down today. Technically he has three days to report, so he could skip it.
The Double-A Trenton Thunder are off until Thursday for the All-Star break. The Eastern League All-Star Game itself will be played Wednesday night at Trenton’s Arm & Hammer Park. Tickets are still available. 3B Mandy Alvarez, OF Trey Amburgey, SS Abi Avelino, LHP Caleb Frare, LHP James Reeves, and RHP Dillon Tate were all selected to the All-Star Game. Avelino has since been moved up to Scranton and Tate will miss the game with his new mystery injury.
High-A Tampa Tarpons (4-3 win over Jupiter in ten innings)
- SS Diego Castillo: 0-5
- 1B Brandon Wagner: 1-2, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 2 HBP
- DH Isiah Gilliam: 1-5, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI — ten homers in 79 games … he hit 15 homers in 125 games last year
- LHP Dalton Lehnen: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, 5/5 GB/FB — 53 of 89 pitches were strikes (60%) … second start since being bumped up from Charleston