LHP Ryan Bollinger has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Double-A Trenton, the Yankees announced. That opens up a 40-man roster spot. The Yankees will need that when they call someone (David Hale?) up to start one the doubleheader games against the Tigers next week. Bollinger spent one day in the big leagues earlier this week and, even though he didn’t pitch, that’s pretty cool. He gets affordable health care for life and a small pension in addition to the whole big league experience.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (7-4 win over Syracuse)
- RF Tyler Wade: 2-5, 1 RBI, 1 K — he’s played every position except pitcher, catcher, and first base since being sent down
- DH Clint Frazier: 2-4, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 BB — here’s video of the double and the single … the single featured a good ol’ double TOOTBLAN
- 3B Brandon Drury: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI — third homer in 26 minor league games this year
- RHP Chance Adams: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 1 HB, 1/0 GB/FB — 19 of 38 pitches were strikes (50%) … shortest start of his career and a disaster outing all around … “Fastball wasn’t there at all. When you can’t command your fastball, it doesn’t really work,” said Adams to Conor Foley after the game … his walk rate in his three seasons as a starter: 7.9%, 9.6%, 11.6% … I know he had elbow surgery over the winter, but that’s not good
- RHP Cody Carroll: 2 IP, zeroes, 1/4 GB/FB — 12 of 14 pitches were strikes (86%) … efficient!