Got a whole bunch of notes to pass along:
- Slade Heathcott (hand) has been shagging fly balls, says Shane Hennigan. He’s inching closer to a return. OF Cesar Puello (concussion) went through a full workout yesterday and again today. He could return tomorrow. IF Deibinson Romero (unknown) will go through a few more workouts before returning.
- RHP James Kaprielian (elbow) was officially placed on the High-A Tampa DL, according to Nicholas Flammia. RHP Jose Mesa Jr. was send down to Low-A Charleston while both LHP James Reeves and RHP Brody Koerner were brought up.
- Remember when I mentioned the Yankees signed RHP Luis Rodriguez yesterday, but I didn’t know which Luis Rodriguez? Matt Eddy says he’s a 19-year-old international amateur free agent out of the Dominican Republic, so that answers that.
- And finally, OF Mark Payton was named the High-A Florida State League Offensive Player of the Week, so congrats to him.
Triple-A Scranton (4-3 win over Lehigh Valley in ten innings, walk-off style)
- CF Ben Gamel: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 BB — he was at the plate when the winning run scored on a passed ball
- DH Aaron Judge: 1-4, 1 BB, 2 K
- C Gary Sanchez: 0-4, 1 K
- 2B Rob Refsnyder: 1-5 — got picked off first … he’s hitting .190/.257/.238 on the season
- 3B Donovan Solano: 3-4, 2 R, 1 BB
- RHP Luis Cessa: 5.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 2/4 GB/FB — 46 of 72 pitches were strikes (64%) … I thought maybe he would get called back up to replace RHP Nick Goody in the bullpen, but I guess not
- LHP Tyler Webb: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 2/1 GB/FB — 16 of 23 pitches were strikes (70%)
- RHP Conor Mullee: 1 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 1/1 GB/FB — nine of 14 pitches were strikes (64%)