Record Last Week: 4-2 (42 RS, 27 RA)
Season Record: 13-11 (142 RS, 153 RA), 3.5 GB
Opponents This Week: vs Boston (2 games), vs. Tampa Bay (2 games), @ Baltimore (3 games)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees took two of three in Detroit thanks to Phil Hughes’ return to the majors and Joba Chamberlain’s best start of the season.
- They also took two of three from the Angels, highlighted by a roller coaster ride that was the team’s best win of the year. The fourth game of the series was rained out and will be played at a later date. Thankfully the Halos will be the ones makig the cross country flight for the make up game, not the Bombers.
- The bullpen continues to be the team’s Achilles’ heel, and one reliever blamed it on a lack of defined roles.
- Alex Rodriguez returned to game action and could be back with the team ahead of schedule. Chien-Ming Wang is also working his way back.
- Xavier Nady is having an experimental procedure performed on his elbow in hopes of speeding up his return. Damaso Marte hit the DL with a weak shoulder, and Ian Kennedy will miss some time with a vasospasm that was causing him to feel numbness in his fingers.
- Some ticket prices at the New Stadium were cut in half. Now they’re just outrageous rather than absurd.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.