Record Last Week: 3-4 (29 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 70-65 (535 RS, 562 RA, 64-71 pythag. record) 9.0 GB in ALE, 3.5 GB of WC
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Red Sox (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Royals (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with the makeup game against the Royals in Kansas City, which the Yankees won thanks to a big inning.
- Three games in Detroit came next. The Tigers roughed up Brandon McCarthy in Tuesday’s loss, the Yankees roughed up David Price in Wednesday’s win, and the Tigers walked off with the series win on Thursday.
- The Yankees opened their three-game weekend set against the Blue Jays with a late rally and a win. They were one-hit in Saturday’s loss and came from ahead to drop yesterday’s game.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (arm) returned to New York with “general soreness” to begin strengthening exercises, but he is not scheduled to see a doctor. Jacoby Ellsbury (ankle) is day-to-day and did pinch-hit yesterday.
- Chris Young was signed to a minor league contract and the Yankees acquired both Josh Outman and Chaz Roe to serve as extra arms in September. Jacob Lindgren is unlikely to be called up. Rich Hill was designated for assignment and both Alfredo Aceves and Corban Joseph were released from Triple-A.
- Eric Jagielo, Aaron Judge, Greg Bird, and Tyler Austin are among the prospects heading to the Arizona Fall League.
- The Yankees scouted Cuban left-hander Misael Siverio back in June.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.