Record Last Week: 3-3 (31 RS, 26 RA)
Grapefruit League Record: 12-8-1 (82 RS, 70 RA)
Opponents This Week: @ Nationals (Mon. on MLBN, MLB.tv), vs. Tigers (Tues. on YES, MLBN, MLB.tv), vs. Mets (Weds. on YES, MLBN, MLB.tv), @ Rays (Thurs. on MLB.tv), @ Phillies (Fri. on MLB.tv), vs. Orioles (Sat. on YES, MLBN, MLB.tv), @ Astros (Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- CC Sabathia made his first two Spring Training starts after being brought along slowly as he works his way back from knee surgery. He allowed two runs on four hits in two innings in his first start and two runs on five hits in 2.2 innings in his second start.
- To the surprise of no one, Hal Steinbrenner confirmed the Yankees are aiming to get under the luxury tax threshold in two years or so. The current Collective Bargaining Agreement expires after 2016, so the threshold should rise from the current $189M.
- Injury Updates: Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique) has a low grade strain but said he expects to be ready for Opening Day. Jose Pirela (concussion) will be out for an unannounced length of time after crashing into the outfield wall. Brendan Ryan (back) has returned to game action. Jared Burton (lat) has a strain.
- A slew of roster cuts were announced throughout the week. Among the notables assigned to minor league camp were Jose Ramirez, Tyler Austin, Gary Sanchez, and Greg Bird.
- The Yankees hired a new nutritionist this offseason.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the “Features” menu in the nav bar above or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.