Record Last Week: 2-1 (20 RS, 9 RA)
Season Record: 30-13 (251 RS, 175 RA, 29-15 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Three games at Rangers (Mon. to Weds.); Thursday OFF; Three games vs. Angels (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees headed to Washington for a two-game series against the Nationals that didn’t get played. Tuesday’s game was suspended due to rain after five and a half innings. Wednesday’s game was rained out. The games will be made up on June 18th.
- After another off-day, the Yankees went to Kansas City for a three-game weekend series. They lost 5-2 Friday in the series opener, then rebounded with an 8-3 win Saturday and a 10-1 win Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Greg Bird (ankle) is “around the corner” from returning. Tommy Kahnle (shoulder, biceps) is “getting real close” to returning. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, hip, foot) now has a back issue. Estevan Florial (wrist) will be out until August with hamate surgery. Justus Sheffield (shoulder) is throwing bullpens and expected back soon. Jonathan Loaisiga (blister) is on the minor league disabled list. Thairo Estrada (wrist) is day-to-day.
- Brandon Drury was activated off the disabled list and optioned to Triple-A Scranton. The Yankees are sticking with Miguel Andujar at third base for the time being.
- Clint Frazier was called up to serve as another bench bat, then was sent down yesterday. David Hale was released and re-signed.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.