Record Last Week: 6-1 (34 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 24-10 (197 RS, 135 RA, 23-11 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Monday OFF; Three games vs. Red Sox (Tues. to Thurs.); Three games vs. Athletics (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an ALCS rematch against the Astros in Houston. The Yankees suffered a 2-1 loss Monday, then rebounded with a 4-0 win Tuesday, another 4-0 win Wednesday, and a 6-5 win Thursday. What a series that was. Four close games and a postseason atmosphere.
- The Yankees returned home for a weekend series with the Indians. They walked off with a 7-6 win Friday, then picked up a 5-2 win Saturday. Gleyber Torres walked it off in Sunday’s 7-4 win.
- Injury Updates: Jordan Montgomery (elbow) was placed on the 10-day DL with a flexor tendon strain and is expected to miss 6-8 weeks. Greg Bird (ankle) will begin playing in Extended Spring Training games today. Tommy Kahnle (shoulder, biceps) will throw a bullpen session this week. Adam Warren (lat) has resumed throwing.
- The Yankees re-signed David Hale to a new minor league contract, then called him up to take Montgomery’s roster spot last week. Clint Frazier was activated off the concussion 7-day DL and optioned to Triple-A Scranton.
- Justus Sheffield (to Triple-A), Jonathan Loaisiga (to Double-A), and Nick Nelson (to High-A) were among the pitching prospects promoted last week.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.