Here’s an open thread for the night. The Mets are playing tonight, ESPN will have the Twins vs. Indians in Puerto Rico, plus there is all the night’s NBA and NHL playoff action. Talk about anything that isn’t religion or politics right here. Thanks in advance.
Here is an open thread for this sudden Yankees baseball-less day. The Mets are playing right now, MLB Network is showing a game this afternoon, and ESPN will have the Astros and Rangers tonight. There’s also all the day’s NBA and NHL playoff action as well. Talk about those games or anything else here. Just not religion or politics, please and thank you.
Here is an open thread for the night. The Mets are playing, ESPN will have the Brewers and Cardinals, and the Knicks and Nets are in action. Talk about those games or anything else here, just not religion or politics. Thanks in advance.
Here is an open thread for the night. ESPN will have Orioles-Astros and ESPN2 will have Indians-Angels. The Knicks and Nets are in action, plus March Madness concludes. Talk about those games or anything else here, as long as it’s not religion or politics. Thanks in advance.
- LF Brett Gardner
- RF Aaron Judge
- DH Giancarlo Stanton
- C Gary Sanchez
- CF Aaron Hicks
- SS Didi Gregorius
- 3B Brandon Drury
- 2B Neil Walker
- 1B Tyler Austin
And of course Luis Severino will be the mound. Can’t wait. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for a season. Maybe 2009? Anyway, don’t miss Kiley McDaniel’s post on the Yankees’ farm system. It includes a tidbit on the next big prospect coming out of the Dominican Summer League. Make sure you check it.
Here is the open thread, the final open thread before the season. There is no baseball on anywhere tonight, so you’re left with the Knicks, Nets, and (hockey) Rangers. Talk about those games, McDaniel’s farm system breakdown, or anything else here. Just not religion or politics. Thanks in advance.
- Greg Bird had his ankle surgery today and everything went “as planned,” the Yankees announced. Apparently the doctor removed a “coin-sized” calcium deposit from his ankle. What coin though? Quarter? Dime? Inquiring minds want to know. [Buster Olney]
- As expected, Jordan Montgomery stayed behind in Tampa and pitched in a minor league game today. Otherwise his regular season debut would’ve come on eleven days rest. I assume he’s either on his way to Toronto now, or is there already. [Nick Flammia]
- The Yankees will hold a workout at Rogers Centre tomorrow afternoon. They open the season against the Blue Jays at 3:37pm ET on Thursday. It’ll be Luis Severino vs. J.A. Happ.
This is the nightly open thread. MLB Network is showing the Cardinals and Blue Jays live from Montreal, plus the Devils and Islanders are in action. Anything goes here except religion or politics. Thanks.
At the plate, the Yankees had four hits total. One was a leadoff single by Tyler Wade. He also stole a base. Trey Amburgey had two singles and Diego Castillo had a double. Wade, Aaron Hicks, Austin Romine, and Ronald Torreyes started, got their two at-bats, then headed home. Here are the box score and video highlights, and here is the rest of the day’s news from the final Spring Training day in Florida:
- Greg Bird (foot) flew to New York today in advance of tomorrow’s visit with a specialist. “(We’re) at least a little bit optimistic, based on the pictures, but tomorrow should tell us a lot as far as what it is time-wise, all those kinds of things. Hopefully we’ll get some good answers tomorrow,” said Aaron Boone. [Bryan Hoch]
- Not surprisingly, Boone admitted Tyler Austin would get the nod at first base should Bird not be available for the start of the season. “I’d say there’s a good chance that Tyler would be in there Opening Day, possibly against a lefty. I would think there’s more at-bats than probably just lefties for him,” he said. [Billy Witz]
- Back at the complex, CC Sabathia threw six innings and 77 pitches in a minor league game. Brandon Drury (elbow) didn’t do anything today, but he will play in tomorrow night’s exhibition finale. Here are the day’s minor league lineups. [Witz, Ken Davidoff, Conor Foley]
- The Yankees close out their spring schedule tomorrow night with an exhibition against the Braves at SunTrust Park. That game will be televised. Sonny Gray is the scheduled starter. I’m guessing Jordan Montgomery will stay behind in Tampa and pitch in a minor league game Tuesday or Wednesday, otherwise he’ll be on eleven days rest for his first regular season start.
Here’s the open thread for the night. MLB Network is showing the Dodgers and Angels live tonight, plus the Knicks are playing and there is all the day’s March Madness action as well. Talk about those games or anything else here, as long as it isn’t religion or politics. Thanks in advance.