Record Last Week: 5-1 (36 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 11-10 (109 RS, 82 RA, 13-8 expected record)
Scheduled This Week: Four games at Angels (Mon. to Thurs.); Three games at Giants (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees welcomed the Red Sox to the Bronx. James Paxton dominated in Tuesday’s 8-0 win and Brett Gardner’s late grand slam led to Wednesday’s 5-3 win and the two-game series sweep.
- The Royals came to town next. The Yankees were flat in Thursday’s 6-1 loss, but they rebounded nicely in Friday’s 6-2 win and Saturday’s 9-2 win. Austin Romine came up big in Sunday’s 7-6 win.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Judge (oblique) was placed on the injured list with a “pretty significant” strain. Greg Bird (foot) was placed on the injury list with a torn plantar fascia. Gary Sanchez (calf) will play a minor league rehab game today and rejoin the Yankees on Wednesday as long as everything goes well. Aaron Hicks (back) has started hitting in the cage. Miguel Andujar (shoulder) has increased his hitting and throwing. Troy Tulowitzki (calf) has resumed baseball activities. Jacoby Ellsbury (hip) has been slowed by various setbacks. Estevan Florial (wrist) had his cast removed and is close to beginning baseball activities.
- The Yankees signed Logan Morrison to a minor league deal following Bird’s injury. Mike Ford and Thairo Estrada were called up last week to help cover for injuries.
- Gio Gonzalez opted out of his minor league contract over the weekend. The Yankees have 48 hours to release him or add him to the roster.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.