Update: Patrick talked to PeteAbe, who said that the no-hair-below-the-lip policy remains in place.
A story making its rounds in the mainstream media today is Joe Girardi’s list of rules. I’m not sure if these are just for Spring Training or if they’ll extend into the season. There are 17 total, and RAB goat Wallace Matthews got his hands on nine:
1. Be on time. No excuse for lateness.
2. Shorts and T-shirts only permitted during spring training.
3. Curfew of 1 a.m.
4. Jewelry – only one chain is permitted. No earrings.
5. Only neatly cut beards, mustaches, goatees. No long hair or “unshaven looks.”
6. No family members in the clubhouse until after games.
7. No cell phones in the dugout.
8. Cell phones only allowed in the clubhouse until one hour before games.
9. No competing speakers in the clubhouse.
No. 2 makes it seem like these are the Girardi rules. No. 5, then, looks like it supersedes King George’s Law.
No. 7 should be fairly obvious…