Good gravy what a mess of a game tonight. Beyond the 14-inning loss to the Orioles, the Yankees also had four — four! — players leave the game with some sort of injury. Here’s a status report from Aaron Boone’s postgame media scrum:
- CC Sabathia: Left with right hip soreness and an MRI didn’t show anything seriously wrong. He’ll be reevaluated tomorrow and he expects to make his next start.
- Gary Sanchez: Left with what the Yankees believe is just a cramp in his calf. Doesn’t appear to be anything serious.
- Aroldis Chapman: Trainer visited him in the ninth because Sanchez thought Chapman maybe wasn’t fully warmed up, but that wasn’t the case.
- Tyler Wade: Left with a fever and flu-like symptoms. He’s sick.
- Brandon Drury: Left with a migraine and blurred vision.
All things considered … best case scenarios across the board? Hopefully so.