A few quick notes to get us started:
- SS Gleyber Torres told DJ Eberle the back stiffness that forced him out of the game last week is no longer a problem, so that’s good. “I felt a little bit tight, but right now I feel good, 100%,” he said.
- RHP Anyelo Gomez, who was placed on the disabled list earlier this week, is out with a shoulder problem according to Conor Foley. Triple-A Scranton manager Bobby Mitchell said the injury is minor and Gomez is expected back within a week or so.
- LHP Nestor Cortes has been promoted to Triple-A Scranton to replace Gomez, reports Matt Kardos. Mitchell told Eberle he expects Cortes to work his way into a rotation spot fairly soon.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (3-0 loss to Toledo)
- 2B Gleyber Torres: 1-3, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 E (fielding) — second game at second base this season and the 13th game at second in his career overall … here’s video of the single, if you’re interested
- C Kyle Higashioka: 0-4, 1 K
- 1B Mike Ford: 0-3, 1 BB, 2 K
- SS Abi Avelino: 1-4, 1 K
- LHP Daniel Camarena: 5 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 1 HB, 3/4 GB/FB — 61 of 86 pitches were strikes (71%)
- RHP J.P. Feyereisen: 3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 2/3 GB/FB — 23 of 40 pitches were strikes (58%)