George Washington IF Isiah Pasteur (13th round) has signed for a $147,500 bonus, reports Jonathan Mayo. Every dollar over $125,000 given to a player drafted after the tenth round counts against the bonus pool, so Pasteur’s signing comes with a $22,500 bonus pool hit. As our Draft Pool Tracker show, the Yankees have less than $17,000 in bonus pool space remaining before hitting the next penalty tier and surrendering next year’s first round pick. That won’t happen. Here are all the team’s draft picks and here is our Day Three draft recap, which has more info on Pasteur.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (2-0 loss to Pawtucket)
- LF Billy McKinney: 0-4, 2 K
- 1B Ryan McBroom: 2-4, 1 2B, 1 K
- RHP Brody Koerner: 4 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 3/2 GB/FB — 45 of 68 pitches were strikes (66%) … up from Trenton to make the spot start in place of David Hale, who was called up to the Yankees
- RHP Cody Carroll: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 1/2 GB/FB — 12 of 22 pitches were strikes (55%)
- RHP Tommy Kahnle: 1 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 1/1 GB/FB — nine of 14 pitches were strikes (64%) … two more weeks down here and his free agency will get pushed back one year