A few notes from the last two days of Spring Training:
- Giancarlo Stanton arrived in camp today (he’s a Yankee now, by the way) to begin adjusting to a different environment and new teammates.
- Other position players arriving today include Tyler Austin, Tyler Wade, and Clint Frazier.
- As per Jack Curry, Clint Frazier had his hair cut once a week during the off-season, and is getting another haircut tonight. This, in response to the inane controversy from last Spring.
- Sonny Gray had his first bullpen session yesterday, and Sweeny Murti discussed the expectations for his first full season in pinstripes.
- CC Sabathia’s first full session was today, courtesy of Bryan Hoch.
- Thairo Estrada sustained a gunshot wound during an attempted robbery (!) when he was at home in Venezuela in January. He was shot in the right hip, and the bullet is still there (and is likely to remain there), with no further surgeries expected. The Yankees believe that he’ll be able to play the majority of this season – and he’s already doing upper body workouts in camp.
This is the open thread for this evening. The NBA all-star break started today, but you can catch the Celebrity Game (on ESPN at 7 PM EST) and Rising Stars Challenge (on TNT at 9 PM EST) tonight. There’s also an Islanders game tonight, and the Winter Olympics are in full swing. And, as always, you can discuss anything that doesn’t involve religion and/or politics here.