Spring Training Record: 17-9-4 (169 RS, 128 RA)
Spring Training Schedule This Week: Monday at Nationals (MLBN, MLB.tv)
Regular Season Schedule This Week: Three games vs. Orioles (Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees made two late Spring Training additions. First they signed lefty Gio Gonzalez to a minor league contract that could be worth up to $12M, then they picked up outfielder Mike Tauchman in a minor trade with the Rockies.
- The Opening Day roster has been finalized. It includes Tauchman and Domingo German, but not Tyler Wade or Gonzalez. CC Sabathia will start the season on the active roster to get his five-game suspension out of the way. He’ll then go on the injured list.
- Injury Updates: Dellin Betances (shoulder) will begin the season on the injured list with inflammation. Luis Severino (shoulder) has started a throwing program. Aaron Hicks (back) has yet to resume baseball activities. Didi Gregorius (Tommy John surgery) is hitting off a tee. Greg Bird (elbow) and Tyler Wade (hips) have since returned to the lineup after being day-to-day. Jordan Montgomery (Tommy John surgery) is targeting a mid-August return.
- Despite the new $1M winner’s prize, Aaron Judge will again pass on the Home Run Derby.
- The Diamondbacks returned Rule 5 Draft pick Nick Green to the Yankees.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?