Record Last Week: 5-1 (26 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 20-17 (198 RS, 212 RA), 4.5 GB
Opponents This Week: vs. Minnesota (1 game), vs. Baltimore (3 games), vs. Philadelphia (3 games)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started off on a down note, as the Yanks ran into the buzzsaw that is Roy Halladay. The Yanks rebounded to win the series, pounding Scott Richmond before following the lead of their ace in the final game.
- The Yanks followed up their series win north of the border in exciting fashion, taking the first three games of a weekend wrap-around series at home against the Twins. Their tandem of young center fielders carried the team to a walk-off win on Friday, then Mark Teixeira & Alex Rodriguez imposed their will on the Twinkies in another walk-off win on Saturday. Johnny Damon capped off the weekend of walk-offs with a 10th inning blast yesterday.
- Chien-Ming Wang fired seven shutout innings in his latest rehab start, and both Brian Bruney and Jorge Posada are progressing well and close to returning. Although he missed some games with a slight oblique injury, Derek Jeter returned to the lineup mid-week.
- Johnny Damon was named AL Player of the Week, but unfortunately Nick Swisher is in the middle of an ugly regression to the mean. Mariano Rivera’s old fastball returned this week as well.
- A few days after Lonn Trost showed everyone how to suck at PR, the Yanks announced fans will be allowed to access certain field level seating areas during batting practice.
- The Yanks also made a minor trade last week, picking up righty reliever Romulo Sanchez from the Pirates.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.