Spring Record: 10-13-2 (95 RS, 126 RA)
Spring Opponents This Week: vs. Tigers (Mon.), vs. Pirates (split squad Tues. on YES, MLB.tv), @ Phillies (split squad Tues. on MLBN, MLB.tv), @ Braves (Weds.), vs. Cardinals (split squad Thurs. on YES, MLBN, MLB.tv), @ Tigers (split squad Thurs. on MLB.tv), @ Marlins (Fri.), @ Marlins (Sat.), Sun. OFF
Top stories from last week:
- The notable roster cuts last week: Nick Rumbelow, James Pazos, Gary Sanchez, and Rob Refsnyder. Those moves clear the way for Austin Romine to be the backup catcher, and either Pete Kozma or Ronald Torreyes to be the backup infielder.
- Injury Updates: Jacoby Ellsbury (wrist) has returned to game action. Refsnyder is okay after taking ground balls to the face on back-to-back days. Slade Heathcott (shoulder) is dealing with soreness, Mason Williams (shoulder) is throwing and hitting, and Domingo German (elbow) has resumed throwing bullpens.
- Brian Cashman said the Yankees continue to look for “potential castoffs” to round out the roster at the end of Spring Training. They offered Ruben Tejada a minor league deal before he signed with the Cardinals.
- Forbes says the Yankees are worth $3.4 billion, making them the most valuable team in the game once again. Randy Levine took shots at the Mets over revenue sharing.
- The Yankees ranked 17th in MiLB.com’s farm system rankings.
- Alex Rodriguez is planning to retire following the 2017 season.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.