2018 Regular Season Record: 100-62 (851 RS, 669 RA, 98-64 expected record), second in ALE
2018 Postseason Record: 2-3 (22 RS, 29 RA), won WC Game, lost ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- Welcome back, CC Sabathia. The Yankees re-signed Sabathia to a one-year deal worth $8M. Also, the Yankees signed Ryan Lavarnway and re-signed Gio Urshela to minor league contracts.
- During the GM Meetings, word got out the Yankees have interest in Corey Kluber, Carlos Carrasco, James Paxton, J.A. Happ, Patrick Corbin, Andrew Miller, Josh Harrison, and Zach Britton. They’ve also requested medical info for Daniel Hudson, Charlie Morton, David Phelps, and Miller. They’ve yet to show interest in Paul Goldschmidt.
- Injury Update: Gary Sanchez (shoulder) underwent debridement surgery. The injury was to his non-throwing shoulder and the surgery comes with a three-month rehab. Sanchez is expected to be ready for Opening Day.
- Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres are both finalists for the AL Rookie of the Year award. They’re up against Shohei Ohtani. No other Yankees are awards finalists.
- George Steinbrenner is on this year’s Today’s Game era Hall of Fame ballot. Inductees will be announced December 9th.
- Baseball America released their updated top ten Yankees’ prospects list.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?