Quick like a ninja:
- Mike Mussina was so-so. Okay fine, he was terrible. Abysmal. God awful. All of these words too. Four doubles in 1 inning? Are you kidding me??? Even the outs he recorded were hit hard.
- I didn’t stay the whole game, I took off after I saw Sean Henn trot out of the bullpen to relieve Edwar. I’m sure the Edwar we witnessed last night was the Edwar the Angels released. Twice.
- Games like this happen to every team, there’s nothing you can do about it. The part that frustrates me more than anything is that the Yanks lost a game in which they scored 5 runs off Kelvim Escobar.
- For cryin’ out loud, did Torre have to use Vizcaino? Here’s how I imagine the dialogue when Vizcaino broke the news to Torre that his arm wasn’t right:
Viz: Joe, my arm’s sore, I could really use a break. I feel terrible for not being able to help my team right now, but I realize it’s better for our playoff push if I get a little rest and finish up strong.
Joe: Okay Scotty, if you need a day you get a day. Thanks for being honest.
Viz: I’m Luis, Scott was traded a month ago.
Joe: Sorry Tanyon. We’ve got a big series coming up against the California Angels, so get yourself ready.
The score was what, 18-8? Throw a damn position player in there for a friggin’ inning. Andy Phillips pitched a little in college, why not let him give it shot? You know Shelley would be down, what about him? Ridiculous.
- Forget calling up IPK, it’s not gonna happen. He’s thrown 140.2 innings this year after throwing about 135 last year betweem USC, SI & Hawaii. He’s certainly deserving of a shot, but they won’t let his inning total go up much more, especially in a pennant race. That’s not how they roll.
- Ugly night all around, hopefully all of you on the Right Coast got some sleep. Should have a decent shot at a win tonight, with Andy going and Joba available for 2.
FYI, some dude in the minors struck out 11 straight batters last night. He had 64 K in 109.1 IP in college this season.