What a day. First a walk-off win, then the Yanks draft Gerrit Cole, then Manny and Youk get into a fight in the dugout, and then on top of all that, it was a pretty kick ass night in the system. Our annual draft day technical meltdown was cause by the enormous amounts of traffic coming to the site, which is a nice change from the shitty server induced meltdowns of years’ past. In case you missed any of the draft action, go here.
- Ben Broussard traded in one of those doubles for a homer.
- Eric Duncan picked up two hits, one a double.
- Jeff Marquez had his best start in AAA, but he didn’t strike anyone out over 7 innings. He had an 18-3 GB/FB ratio though.
- Austin Jackson & Jose Tabata each doubled in run some runs. Eladio Rodriguez had a pair of two-baggers.
- Al Aceves had his worse start of the year, giving up 5 runs in 6 IP.
- Bo Hall picked up the win with 2.2 hitless innings of relief.
- Mitch Hilligoss, Andres Perez and James Cooper each picked up a pair of hits.
- Ivan Nova got rocked, giving up 7 hits and 6 runs in 5 IP. He did strikeout 7 though.
- Charleston’s game is not quite done yet, but they’ve already drawn 13 walks as a team. Crazy.
- Abe Almonte reached base 3 times before being lifted. The River Dogs were winning big, so I’m guessing it was just to rest him up a bit.
- Justin Snyder laced a pair of doubles. Lots of doubles tonight, eh?
- Bradley Suttle, Jesus Montero, Austin Romine, Brandon Laird & Carmen Angelini all picked up a hit and either lots of RBI or lots of walks. The offense was just ridiculous tonight.
- Adam Olbrychowski pitched well for 3 innings, but Wilkins DeLaRosa came in and shobed it for 4 innings: 2 baserunners, 5 K, 5 groundballs.
Anyone hear Michael Kay during the game today say that Girardi should have the entire team on the field an hour early tomorrow to learn how to bunt? Hysterical. Regular DotF returns Saturday after I recover from the draft.
Update: Forgot to mention this link. Baby-Bombers.com is selling game used Staten Island Yankees’ jerseys, which is pretty cool. They have everyone imaginable, from Dellin Betances to Eric Duncan to Darrell Rasner to Eric Wordekemper to Mike Gillespie to David Parrish to Steve Karsay to Dan McCutchen to Jose Contreras, you name it, they have it. Cool stuff.