Aug

Montero goes deep, like way deep

Fast forward to the 1:30 mark if you don’t feel like waiting around. Check out where the kids are running to go after the ball, that was no cheapy. (h/t Ashish)

Categories : Asides

1. X says:

haha, “daad, i want a funnel caaaake”

2. Jamal G. says:

Yeah, saw this last night. Owned.

3. Jamal G. says:

Speaking of amazing plays, Vernon Wells just made an over-the-shoulder grab in deep center while the ball actually hit his shoulder.

4. Marty Puccio says:

Any guesses when we might see this monster in the bigs? Does he still project as a catcher? The only thing I’ve noticed is that he never walks, but that’s not uncommon with young Latinos.

• Mike A. says:

Probably not til 2011 at the earliest. Most say he’s too big to be a catcher, but there’s no point in moving him out from behind the plate until it’s painfully obvious he can’t handle it. He’s actually improved his walk rate the second half, so that’s encouraging.

5. Ivan says:

I assume almost everybody seen the movie Robocop right.

You know that scene in the beginning of the movie where the guy looks at RoboCop while they are building him and programing him, and as he looks at RoboCop, he says “your gonna be a bad motherfucker”.

Well with Montero it’s the same thing. When I look at him and how he’s developing/building, I say to myself, “Your gonna be a bad motherfucker”.

6. bill says:

He’s a monster. An absolute monster ….

7. Adrian-Retire21 says:

This kid is insane at he’s age.I don’t anyone cares he’s not the greatest ctacher.Hey Mike Piazza just nedded to hit.

8. THU says:

I can’t see the video…anyone else having the same problem?