Dec

The RAB Radio Show – December 18, 2008 – Episode 7

Is anyone else psyched after the press conference? Mike and I are. Yeah, I know they don’t mean much, and that the players pretty much script what they’ll say. Still, it’s good to have an exciting feeling about the team in the depths of winter. We’re just under two months away from pitchers and catchers, so events like this are appreciated. I wonder if we’ll see another one before February…

Will the Yankees add a bat? We’ve been talking about it all week, but there’s no real consensus. I think the Yankees could do a lot worse than the lineup they currently plan to field. It relies heavily on some players to bounce back from poor 2008 seasons, but a few of them, Swisher and Cano, are young and have histories of being good hitters. Unfortunately, until they prove otherwise Posada and Matsui will remain red flags. That’s what happens when you’re in your mid- to late-thirties and are coming off injuries.

We also take questions from readers. There were some really good ones this week. Not to be a spoiler, but there’s one about Joba and the bullpen.

Onto the podcast. It is available in a number of formats. You can download it here by right clicking on that link and selecting Save As. If you want to play it in your browser, just left click the link. You can also subscribe to the podcast feed, which will send it to you every Thursday. You can also subscribe in iTunes. Finally, we have the embedded audio player below.

We appreciate any feedback. You can leave it in the comments or email either of us.

Categories : Podcast

1. KO says:

You could do worse. You also could do a hell of a lot better. Ask the Rays and Red Sox.

2. jsbrendog says:

I want to facepalm so bad but i’m trying to be a good boy for xmas

• The Honorable Congressman Mondesi says:

I know what your response to this comment will be but I’ll walk into it anyway… Can we retire that huge facepalm thing you post all the time? It’s ginormous and looks like a hand covering a giant pear or something.

• jsbrendog says:

really? i totally think it is very accurate. in fact i think its easy to tell its picard too

• The Honorable Congressman Mondesi says:

Are we talking about the thing made out of dashes and other letters/symbols or the actual picture of Captain Picard? I meant the non-Picard thingie. Whatevs, I’m sure I’m wrong about whatever it is. I’m like the guy in Mallrats who can’t see the clipper ship. I just figured you’d post the facepalm thingie in response to my comment and that would be that.

3. jsbrendog says:

also, listening to this, one guy you didn’t mention, jose guillen. the royals are looking to dump him and he could possibly provide some power down the stretch…..

4. Tom Zig says:

Why do people insist on trying to put Joba in the pen? Doesn’t anyone remember the game he got injured in? Pudge was the catcher, he tried to throw someone out at 2nd, the throw was off and caused Joba to react in such a way that it could have hurt his shoulder. (we were playing the rangers). Is it just a coincidence that not long after Joba left the game?

If we keep pudge away and put molina back there, he’ll be fine. oh and just to irk sox fans, Jose Molina calls a better game than Jason Varitek.

5. Deezer says:

nice job with the podcast guys. seriously. keep em coming.

6. Murph1010 says:

Are their contracts frontloaded or backloaded or what?