Jun

Tonight’s game rained out

Looks like tonight’s a rain-out. CC vs. Price gets pushed back a day. From there, it’s anyone’s guess what the Yanks do with the rotation. It would have been nice to see them try to get in two tomorrow, since they have the extra starter on the roster. That will not be the case, though. I’d guess they just push everyone back a day, which lines up Pettitte-Wang-CC for the Boston series.

Update (5:13 p.m.): Girardi said that Pettitte will go Monday against TB, and Burnett will go in the opener against the Sox.

Categories : Asides

1. Jake H says:

I was hoping for 2 tomorrow.

2. dkidd says:

i hate rainouts. i’m a junkie and need my fix!

3. I Remember Celerino Sanchez says:

I had tix to the Angels game that got rained out. I exchanged them for tonight, which is now rained out.

Why is this line of games cursed? (I’ve been to four others without incident.)

4. Andy to pitchmonday and AJ open in Boston.

5. EvoLuTioN says:

sabathia
    joba
    pettitte

against the rays

burnett
    wang
    sabathia

against the red sox

joba starts the mets series

• henry frisch says:

Probably September 10th for the makeup. Both teams are off, Rays are in NYC 9/9th and in Boston the eleventh. The Yanks are in Baltimore the 11th.

6. A.D. says:

Yay now I get to see CC

7. Drew says:

Bummer. I hate when they PP them this early but I guess you have to consider the ticket holders. I thought there might be a window in a couple of hours…

• Zack says:

“I hate when they PP them this early ”

they cant win. they do it too early, ah they should have waited to see. if they hold off, ah they just want parking and beer $$$

• Drew says:

Yeah, like I said, they have to consider the ticket holders so I’m not saying they were wrong or anything. Me personally, sitting in a bar or my house, could careless if it’s delayed three hours. However, people at the stadium have to take precedence…

8. Dave M says:

$1.5 billion and no retractable roof? :-)

9. Joey says:

Just crossed my mind, but unless they play 2 sometime wouldn’t this be a good time to skip one of Joba’s starts to limit his innings a bit, and give him a little break after the first third of the season? Slot Phil in there, have Joba throw BP or something.

• Joey says:

ignore the last sentence, it defeats the purpose of the rain out and the rest of my statement… I’m not all here today, sorry

• Drew says:

We already did practically skip one of his turns in B-more a couple weeks ago.

10. jeff says:

dang-it no throwing at youks head from joba this go around

11. AlexNYC says:

Joba is going to pitch here, not at Queens.

12. rsam says:

how about yanks trading for doc haliday next year

13. [...] a Friday night rain out, the Yankees suffered a disappointing loss on Saturday when Mariano Rivera faltered in the ninth. [...]