Feb

The RAB Fantasy Baseball League(s)

Well, it’s that time of year again. Last year we had nine leagues, and it looks like our master plan of relegation and all that won’t happen. It seemed a little too ambitious at the time, but so be it. First thing we have to do is get the leagues back open and see who’s returning. I’ve already renewed my league, and if you were commissioner of one of the other eight, please go to Yahoo! and renew yours today. If you don’t want to be commish anymore, renew the league and invite everyone back, then let me know.

Let’s give everyone a chance to accept the invites before we start filing empty spots, so check back in next Monday for another update.

Categories : Asides, Fantasy Baseball

1. The Real JobaWockeeZ says:

Gotta wait for my commissioner to renew it.

2. mbonzo says:

Posted a league on Saturday and it was full within a few hours. I’m thinking maybe this year I would pay for some cheap tickets for the commissioners, winners and, writers. Haven’t thought my plan through yet.

3. icebird753 says:

lol i wish i could do this. but being embroiled in junior year of high school, that won’t be possible…:(. i hope i can play fantasy baseball at some point at least…seems like fun

• mbonzo says:

Junior year was the worst. After APs and SATs are over with in the spring you’ll be golden though. Sign up and just leave it on auto or find a league that doesn’t draft til late in April. You’ll want to play when the summer comes.

4. mbonzo says:

Carlosologist set up another new league a few minutes ago for those looking to join a fresh one.

5. Butters McGee says:

What are the draft/scoring specifics?

6. mortl says:

I WANT TO JOIN A LEAGUE – WHO NEEDS PPL?????

7. 28 this year says:

I was in the second league last year. Do we get invites or do I need a new league ID and password? I am still kinda new to this.

8. bonestock94 says:

I’ve never played before, but I’d be very interested in joining a league.

9. Butters McGee says:

If I started a league for fantasy newbies (first-timers or relatively inexperienced only), who’d be interested? Probably would do standard scoring & draft, but we could have a vote on the subject.

• Kiersten says:

Me. This will be my first year playing fantasy and I definitely want to join a RAB league.

• Sean C says:

This will be my third year in fantasy baseball. I played in a 10-team ESPN league with some friends each time so far, and finished 8th my first year and 4th last year. I’m still relatively new to the fantasy baseball thing and have been learning from past mistakes (I shudder to think of some of my line-ups in that first year…). So, if you need another person, I would be happy to join.

• BavarianYankee says:

I’d also be interested. I’m from Europe so it would only make sense for me if the draft starts at 7 pm or earlier. I’m playing fantasy baseball since 2009.

10. Tommy says:

RAB Conference American League (RAB 5) has been renewed.

• I Wish I Was Swish says:

Much obliged. I’m looking to build on the success I had last year. Bummed about the relegation and keepers though, I was def pumped for that. Oh well, good thing I’m running my own keeper league.

• Total Dominication says:

Thanks. The Gritty Gardners doomed themselves by trading Votto for Morales, but they will have a bounce-back season.

11. Nucchemist says:

How is the promotions / demotions being handled?

• I Wish I Was Swish says:

It’s not – “Last year we had nine leagues, and it looks like our master plan of relegation and all that won’t happen.”

12. Tommy says:

I need some help naming my own private league. It’s filled with Yankees and Mets fans, so a name that describes hatred for both the Red Sox and Phillies would be best. Any suggestions. Profanity is ok.

13. RAB Conference South League™ (I think it was #7) is renewed.

14. Jamie says:

Sorry for the lateness in reactivating the RAB Baseball League Two everyone. Just activated it so everyone that was in it last year should be getting an invite momentarily.

Thanks to Brad for sending a reminder as well.

15. John Atsatt says:

Here is a league full of NYY fans (and a couple of boston fans to taunt)

For 9 years now this league has been playing the original type of fantasy baseball with 1 twist. The league is made up of Yankees fans although we do have a couple of fenway faithfuls to taunt. Since 2008, we have counted the total number of hits that each rostered pitcher has given up, this year we will count Home Runs instead. here are the settings

League Name :161st & River Ave

League ID#: 24831
    Password: whoneedslee

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
    Draft Time: Sun Mar 27 4:00pm EDT
    Max Teams: 12
    Max Moves: 75
    Max Games Played: 162
    Max Innings Pitched: 1500

Roster Positions:
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, 2SP, 2RP, 2P, 7BN, 3DL

Batters Stat Categories:
    Runs (R), Doubles (2B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories:
    Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Home Runs (HR), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA)

16. John Atsatt says:

Here a two more leagues that you may enjoy. GO YANKS!

- HomeRun Derby –

Celebrating its 5 year anniversary, players pick only 5 hitters and start 3 per week. Only Homeruns and strikeouts are counted.

This is a good game for those new to fantasy baseball and don’t have much time to make lineup changes. After you pick your favorite 5, you start 3 and your team gets 10 points for every HR and looses .5 points for every strikeout. You can pretty much set-it-and-forget-it.

ID:

Psw:

backbackbackgone

- Weekly Head to Head –

Now in its Third year, players put together a team of pitchers and hitters and complete weekly against another team. There is a playoff much like fantasy football and the last team standing wins.

This is a good game for those who do not have time to make daily changes, though teams that make the best moves throughout the season have the greatest chance to make the playoffs and win it all. Some statistical categories have been changed for ’11. Gone are Total Bases and in is On-base + Slugging Percentage. Also NEW for this year will be leagues and customized schedules.

ID:

Psw:

threeyearsrunning

ALL of the above three leagues are FREE to play and the winner will get something special this year. They are hosted online at Yahoo Sports.

Players must have a Y! ID to sign up and join our league(s)

Here is the link to get a Y! ID:

click here to register for Y! Sports

After getting a Y! ID you will need to enter the Private League.

To do this you will need the league ID and Password. (above)

Here is a link to join our League(s)

Click Here to Join

-click on the “JOIN A LEAGUE” Button

-click on ” JOIN CUSTOM”

-enter the ID & PSW provided

See you there!

Thanks RAB for letting me post

17. Mike HC says:

Are we still doing the keepers?

I guess it is still early in process and things can still change closer to the season when everything gets settled.

18. RR says:

I usually do one with my friends, but if someone needs to fill a spot, will gladly do it.

19. CG says:

RAB conference american league winner here :) waiting for the comish to renew, can’t wait!

20. AJ says:

I’d like to be in, but we’ll see I assume.

21. Brett says:

I’m pretty sure River Ave. Blues lite hasn’t been renewed yet. Even though I missed this post. Anyone have any idea?