May

HOPE Week expanding to minor league affiliates this year

The Yankees have announced that for the first time, HOPE Week will expand to their minor league affiliates this season. The Triple-A Empire State, Double-A Trenton, High-A Tampa, Low-A Charleston, and Short Season Staten Island clubs will host events “designed to bring to light remarkable stories intended to inspire individuals into action in their own communities” throughout the summer.

“As an organization, we have seen firsthand the positive impact HOPE Week has made in our community,” said Brian Cashman.  “We’ve found that giving back is contagious.  One of the goals of the initiative has been to inspire others to follow in our footsteps, and I’m proud that our affiliates are expanding this tradition by joining our efforts.”

The High-A Tampa club will host HOPE Week from June 4-8th and will be the first affiliate to do so this year. Click here for a look back at past HOPE Week stories. Great job on the part of the Yankees, hopefully we see some more expansion in the future.

Categories : Asides

1. Jeremy says:

The Yankees are not just a great baseball team, but also a great organization. I wish more teams did this sort of thing.

2. #28 in 2012 says:

This is what makes me proud of being a Yankee fan more than the 27 or other numerous accolades. Over the years, Hope Week has inspired me to give more to various charities. The stories that are told through this week are real life stuff that puts the game in perspective. I am surprised that more teams are not taking the lead.

Great Job Yankees! Thank you for staying true to this event and expanding it to the next level.

3. Esteban says:

Hopefully they’ll be able to match the gargantuan $3k the Rays donated with their bowties.

4. Drew says:

I love the idea but I am not sure about the execution of the whole plan. How many people really want to meet the Low-A ball Yankees? I wouldn’t. I would want to meet Derek Jeter and co, not scrub #6 and never making it to the majors #19.

Like I said, this is awesome that the entire Yankee organization is participating in HOPE Week. I just don’t know how effective it is going to be.

5. karcotte says:

The Tampa Yankees have a tough act to follow, what with the Rays historic bow tie event.

6. RetroRob says:

I feel sorry for the person responsible for pulling off Hope Week for the Empire State Yankees. I think he has to plan events at ten different locations.