That 16-inning win took a lot out of me and I’m not really feeling a full DotF tonight. Here’s the short version of tonight’s minor league action:
- Triple-A Scranton (2-1 win): CF Mason Williams and 1B Rob Refsnyder both went 0-for-4. Mason’s hitting streak ended at 14 games. LF Billy McKinney had a double and 3B Miguel Andujar had a single and double. RHP Chance Adams struggled, walking four in 4.2 innings.
- Double-A Trenton (7-6 loss): 2B Jorge Mateo had a single and CF Tito Polo had four hits, including a double. SS Thairo Estrada picked up his daily double. RHP Domingo Acevedo got knocked around for six runs on nine hits and two walks in four innings. Ouch. He allowed three homers.
- High-A Tampa (5-4 win): 2B Nick Solak and CF Trey Amburgey each had a single while LF Alex Palma had two. RHP Dillon Tate allowed three runs, including two homers, in his 6.1 innings.
- Low-A Charleston (5-4 win): 2B Diego Castillo, who has been swinging well for a while now, had three hits, including a pair of doubles. DH Blake Rutherford extended his hitting streak to ten games with a single. CF Estevan Florial struck out three times in four hitless at-bats.
- Short Season Staten Island (5-3 win): A triple for SS Oswaldo Cabrera, a single for 3B Nelson Gomez, and no hits for 2B Wilkerman Garcia or CF Leonardo Molina. RHP Drew Finley struck out seven and allowed three runs in six innings.
- Rookie Pulaski (9-7 loss): Three hits for my man CF Pablo Olivares, all singles. 3B Dermis Garcia and RF Steven Sensley both had two hits as well. One of Sensley’s left the yard. DH Brayan Emery had two hits too. Nothing interesting happened on the mound.
- Rookie GCL Yanks East Game One (9-0 loss): One single but no walks for LF Canaan Smith. RHP Harold Cortijo came out of the bullpen and allowed four runs in 1.2 innings.
- Rookie GCL Yanks East Game Two (8-3 loss): DH Canaan Smith had three hits but again, no walks. He must be broken. RF Jonathan Amundaray had a single. RHP Roansy Contreras, last year’s $300,000 bonus baby, allowed five runs in five innings in his stateside debut. He’s 17.
- Rookie GCL Yanks West (6-5 win): SS Oswald Peraza, DH Gustavo Campero, and 1B Miguel Flames all went hitless.