A couple notes before we get to the games:
- Baseball America posted the Yankees’ Instructional League roster, if you’re interested. As always, it is mostly lower level kids and recent draftees, as well as Arizona Fall League players who need to stay sharp the next few weeks. Instructs should be starting any day, if they haven’t already.
- Keith Law (subs. req’d) posted a bunch of scouting notes on Yankees prospects. He reiterated RHP Dillon Tate was back to where he was at the time of the 2015 draft — which means he still needs to improve his command — and also praised RHP Jonathan Loaisiga. “He has quickly established himself as one of the system’s best starting pitching prospects. Loaisiga was 92-96 that evening with a power two-plane curveball at 80-84 and some feel for a changeup at 85-87 … I like his chances to remain a starter given the potential for three pitches and the way he repeats his delivery,” said Law of Johnny Lasagna.
Triple-A Scranton (6-2 loss to Durham) they trail the best-of-five International League Championship Series two games to one
- CF Mason Williams: 1-5, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 K
- 2B Donovan Solano: 2-5, 1 RBI — he’s been their best player all postseason
- RF Billy McKinney: 0-3, 1 BB, 1 K — 4-for-28 (.143) in the postseason and hitless in this series
- 3B Miguel Andujar: 0-4, 3 K
- 1B Garrett Cooper: 2-3, 1 BB, 1 K — 13-for-40 (.325) in his last ten games overall
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-4, 1 R, 1 2B, 2 K
- RHP Chance Adams: 4 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, 1/5 GB/FB — 47 of 80 pitches were strikes (59%) … shortest start of the season (that didn’t involve a rain delay)
- RHP J.P. Feyereisen: 1.1 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 0/2 GB/FB — ten of 14 pitches were strikes (71%)
Double-A Trenton (4-2 loss to Altoona) they were swept in the best-of-five Eastern League Championship Series … second straight year they were swept in the title series … now that they’ve been eliminated, Scranton is the last affiliate standing
- RF Jeff Hendrix: 0-4, 2 K
- SS Thairo Estrada: 0-3, 1 BB — went 11-for-27 (.407) in seven postseason games
- 2B Nick Solak: 0-0, 1 R, 1 HBP — left the game after being hit by a pitch
- 1B Ryan McBroom: 1-3, 1 K
- 3B-2B Abi Avelino: 0-3, 1 K
- CF Rashad Crawford: 2-3, 1 2B, 1 RBI — went 7-for-17 (.412) in the postseason
- RHP Will Carter: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 7/2 GB/FB, 1 E (pickoff) — 48 of 86 pitches were strikes (56%)
- RHP Cody Carroll: 0.1 IP, zeroes, 1 K — six pitches, three strikes
High-A Tampa‘s season is over. They lost to Dunedin (Blue Jays) in their first round postseason series.
Low-A Charleston‘s season is over. They lost to Greenville (Red Sox) in their first round postseason series.
Short Season Staten Island‘s season is over. They lost to Hudson Valley (Rays) in their first round postseason series.
Rookie Pulaski‘s season is over. They lost to Elizabethton (Twins) in the Appalachian League Championship Series.
Rookie GCL Yanks East‘s season is over. They beat the GCL Nationals and won the Gulf Coast League Championship Series.
Rookie GCL Yanks West‘s season is over. They did not qualify for the postseason.