2018 Regular Season Record: 100-62 (851 RS, 669 RA, 98-64 expected record), second in ALE
2018 Postseason Record: 2-3 (22 RS, 29 RA), won WC Game, lost ALDS
2019 Spring Training Schedule This Week: Saturday at Red Sox; Sunday at Rays
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees and Luis Severino avoided arbitration with a four-year, $40M extension. The deal buys out Severino’s four arbitration years as a Super Two and includes a fifth year club option that covers a free agent year.
- Injury Updates: Didi Gregorius (elbow) started a throwing program and could start swinging a bat two-handed in a few weeks. Jacoby Ellsbury (hip) is rehabbing at home in Arizona and is weeks away from reporting to camp. Jordan Montgomery (elbow) is right on schedule with his Tommy John surgery rehab. Aroldis Chapman (knee) is in “good condition.” Gary Sanchez (shoulder) expects to begin playing games one week into the Grapefruit League season. Mike King (elbow) will be shut down at least three weeks with a stress reaction.
- The Marlins wanted both Sanchez and Miguel Andujar in J.T. Realmuto trade talks over the winter. The Yankees wouldn’t trade Sanchez for Realmuto straight up.
- Dellin Betances is not yet in Spring Training because his wife gave birth to their first child a few days ago. Raynel Espinal is not in camp because of a visa issue.
- The Yankees are expected to sign top Dominican outfield prospect Jasson Dominguez when the signing period opens July 2nd.
- As expected, CC Sabathia announced 2019 will be his final season.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.