May

Francona to Schilling: ‘Shut up’

With David Ortiz and Curt Schilling opining about steroids – always a loaded topic among MLB clubhouses – Terry Francona, the esteemed manager of the Red Sox, has ordered his star players to shut up. I, for one, am very jealous of Francona as I too have longed to tell Curt Schilling to stick a bloody sock in it. This ranks up there among Terry Francona’s best moves as Red Sox manager.

Categories : Asides

1. Tom says:

Always respected Terry, comes across as a standup guy in every pre/post game interview I’ve seen. Schilling, on other hand, has always been a brazen fool who doesn’t have a single friend in the entire league.

Hopefully he actually listens to his manager.

2. ShawnT says:

He’s amazing, i never thought anyone would make me wanna side with Barry Bonds, this guy can’t shut his mouth up, and he makes himself sound like even more of idiot. Hopefully this causes some destraction for the sox

3. Barry says:

The Yankee-rotation bashing continues. I dont see why every sports outlet in the world overrates boston’s rotation.
    “But the Yankees would have us believe that a rotation of Clemens, Andy Pettitte, Chien-Ming Wang, Mike Mussina and Philip Hughes can hold its own against Schilling, Beckett, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Tim Wakefield and Julian Tavarez.

Should Boston be worried? ”
    Yes, Yahoo, I think they should be worried. Daisuke is borderline and overrated, Boston may have some good pitchers, but does anyone think they can continue out-pitching their career stats, i don’t.

4. ShawnT says:

I think its that most sports writers are just tired of us getting who ever we want, and when ever we feeling like signing them. For the writers its easier for them to talk negative about us then positive. More people like to hear the negative aspect of the yanks then positives, unless ofcourse your a yankee fan, but you know what, who cares. We are the most sucsessful franchise in all of sports. 26 WS and 39 pennants says it all.
    The writers can write and write and write, but lets see what they say when we win numuber 27

5. Barry says:

nicely put

6. Julie says:

I wonder if Schilling will read this post?