Oct

Did you see that?!?

Dustin Pedroia just tried to slap the ball out of Victor Martinez’s hand as he went by on the first play of the game. I kid you not, rewind it on your DVR and check that shit out. It’s a good play though, because he’s a “gamer” and “gritty” and a “Red Sox” and “not A-Rod.”

And for those of you who witnessed Kevin Youkilis reading the lineup, tell me he doesn’t look and sound like someone you’d meet online at 3am.

Categories : Asides

1. Motown Yankees Fan says:

I thought Youk said they weren’t panicking. Sounds like Dusty is…

2. steve says:

i’m at work and missed it .? what happened, was he called out ?

3. deadrody says:

yup, I saw it too. That was my immediate thought, too. Is his new Beantown nickname Slappy Pedroia ???

4. A. Phil says:

Seems as if Wakefield likes giving up the long ball to the 3rd basemen in the ALCS.

5. A. Phil says:

Sorry, terrible English.

6. Mike A. says:

If this game was in Boston, Wakefield would have gotten a standing ovation.

7. Ivan says:

Another starter that couldn’t last five. I thought this was the best rotation in baseball by redsox fans. They must of thought Beckett was the first starters uh.

Not to mention I had a feeling that somebody was going a hit a 3 run homer in this inning.

8. Jim Johnson says:

Man, Youklilis is a creep. His reading the lineup were the most un-fun 30 seconds of my life.

9. A. Phil says:

How similar is this game to the 2003 Game 7 ALCS? Blake bloop = Jorge bloop.

10. A. Phil says:

Jim Johnson, good article over at the Bronx Block. I personally wasn’t a fan of Mattingly, only because I was a little pre-K kid by the time he retired, but if what you say of him is true, well then he certainly deserves the respect he gets.

11. Mike A. says:

Boston’s scored like, 2 runs in their last 18 innings or so. If Ortiz and Manny don’t hit, that team doesn’t win. Period.

12. Mike A. says:

The bigwigs at FOX must be scared shitless of the thought of a Colorado-Cleveland World Series.

13. A. Phil says:

Manny being Manny.

14. Mike A. says:

Oh man, that’s a clutch homer by Youkilis. Clutchity clutch clutch clutch. Down by 7 runs in the middle innings? Wow, does it get more clutch than that?

15. Cam says:

I missed it. Maybe some video tomorrow?

16. Cam says:

And why the fuck don’t you start running Manny. What a douche. Puts his hands up in the air and walks halfway to first like he just won the series with a grand slam. That guy deserves a swift donkey kick to the balls.

• Mike R. says:

I completly agree! I have no idea how Manny hasn’t been hit in the head for his antics. Talk about showing a pitcher up. I’ve seen him “celebrate” doubles into singles. DOUCHE.

17. kris says:

This reminds me of the Chase Wright game. How does Boston pull this bull crap?

18. Travis G. says:

i said this during the LDS, but once the Angels got down 9-0, they should have thrown at (or at least buzzed) Ortiz and/or Ramirez. talk about cocky mfers, that shit wouldn’t fly with some pitchers.

has anyone noticed how bald pedroia is? the guy’s just 24 too. how about Slappy Overswings McBaldy?

19. Mike R. says:

From one scrappy 2nd baseman to another.

Love,

Asdrubal

20. Carson says:

Mike, Ben or anyone.. Can we get a picture of McBaldy’s attempt to slap the ball out of Martinez’s hands? I’d like to have one to show Sux fans just in case they forget about it and start up the Slappy McBluewhatever crap again.

21. kris says:

How did moneyball Epstein ever miss out on Rafael Betancourt? That 80-9 K-BB ratio is insane.

22. Behind Enemy Lines says:

Man, cut Pedroia some slack. It’s just an initiation rite for the Brotherhood of Slumping Postseason Hitters. Sic Semper Horribilis, or something.

23. Stephen says:

I think Youkilis looks like that guy on Seinfeld who George gets into the fight about the parking space with. You know that short, bald guy with a goatee.

• steve (different one) says:

that guy is such a phony.

• Jamal G. says:

LMAO. Damn you are absolutely right, he does look like that guy.

As to the Pedroia play, I have always hated that little SOB. He just seemed like one of those people who tries to be 3x the man he is just because he’s a little dude. I swear he’s gonna break his body in half the way he plays and swings. I swear, that’s just an oblique injury waiting to happen when he swings and misses.

24. Travis G. says:

a napoleon complex.

25. [...] Your wish is our command. Submitted for your approval, it’s Shorty McSlappy, the Red Sox second baseman. This photo comes to us courtesy of The Boston Globe. The Red Sox and their fans should never complain about A-Rod’s 2004 ALCS play again. [...]