Nov

We’re number one

Not to brag or anything, but River Ave. Blues currently holds the top spot on the StrikeTwo.net rankings of Yankee blogs. We’d like to thank Alex Rodriguez, Peter Abraham’s new server and all of our readers for making that possible. We’ll enjoy it while we can.

Categories : Self-Promotion

1. Mike A. says:

Allow me to correct you Ben:

“We’d like to thank Pete Abe’s new server and all of our readers for making that possible. A-Rod, you can get bent.”

There, much better.

2. dan says:

Was Watching? I feel so depressed every time I open that page.

3. alex says:

you guys deserve it, a good balance of reporting, and analysis, and i love mike’s prospect stuff. keep it up fellas.

4. Mike says:

Mine is up to 17!

5. Cam says:

Congrats! Keep it up!

6. Count Zero says:

RAB rulez!

How is WW second? Seems unfathomable…

Keep up the good work guys!

7. Sky says:

Congrats, guys. There’s only so much time I spend reading about the Yankees and I spend some of it with y’all.

8. Mike says:

Yea Dan 17! He listed the top 8. Last week my blog was 19th.

9. NYFan50 says:

Congratulations, guys. The best Yankee blog deserves the top spot.

10. I’m amused that In George We Trust is also on the list.

Wasn’t that site abandoned over a year ago?

• Mike A. says:

I dropped it just after the 06 draft because Blogger was being a piece of crap. The prospect profiles still catch some links (which is dumb because they’re nearly 2 years old now), which keep the rating up.

11. To go off topic a bit because I didn’t think this link warrants an email, but here it is specifically for Mike A.

“The Giants have even let it be known that Tim Lincecum, their No. 1 pick in 2006, can be had for a quality bat.”

That can’t possibly be accurate, can it?

• Mike A. says:

I can’t see how that would be true, they’d be going backwards if they dealt him. Think about it, he’s under control for another FIVE years. Pitcher’s with that type of stuff and that kind of cost control just don’t get moved.

If they were looking to move him, a) I would think he’s hurt, and/or b) they could get a real nice player back, like a Miggy Cabrera or Matt Kemp.

• dan says:

There’s a little mini-discussion on that topic starting here:

12. barry says:

See I’m not really wasting my time checking your site religously for updates.