Dec

Clemens to be named

Not a big surprise, but there’s a report saying that Roger Clemens will be named in the Mitchell report later this afternoon. Both he and Andy Pettitte were named in the Jason Grimsley affidavit, so you can expect to see Brother Andy on the list as well. Not that I think it matters much for him. If he’s going to be named, he surely knew it before he agreed to come back for 2008.

Categories : STEROIDS!

1. Count Zero says:

Perhaps this was the real issue behind Andy’s lengthy decision-making process…

2. Relaunch says:

Expected it from Clemens, will be dissapointed though if Andy did it.

3. scott says:

I am just curious to what evidence they have to substantiate any of this report. The ESPN report posted here a couple of days ago, seemed to show this report was based mostly on speculation. IF this is true it will big a big black eye for the league.

4. Bo says:

These reeks of the Communist witch hunts of the 50′s. Haven’t we learned anything as a society? I want to see the first player who sues Mitchell and MLB for being named and being innocent. When the only evidence is a convicted felon and former clubhouse boy, consider me skeptical.

5. Nefarious Jackson says:

Big Papi Had better be on this list or it is a Total JOKE… but I’m not holding my breath

6. LLOYD BANKS says:

Hello Boys, thought you might like. I recieved a “rough” list of the leaked Mitchell Report from a friend of mine who works for MLB. Take at it:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenny Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez,Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, IJason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.

- WOW, LOTTA ACTION, NO REAL SURPRISES THERE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DAMON, DONT KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

ALSO, THANK GOD NO A-ROD.

• Whocares says:

This list, with Troy Glaus listed twice, is everywhere.

• Kevin23 says:

Damon is no surprise. I’m convinced the Red Sox were all juiced. Like I said in another thread, as a team they suddenly all developed power, and a similar stout body type at the beginning of the decade. The only guy who didn’t completely change his game over the years was Manny. Heck, it ruined Nomar’s career. Did you see how jacked he was towards the end of his Sox tenure? Compare that to before and after. Those poor tendons never stood a chance.

I’m glad to see Varitek’s ugly mug on the list. That guy is the epitome of what I consider a roid-rager to look like. But overall, I’m not surprised. Still, being named just means you were unlucky enough to have your name included in the small body of information Mitchell actually got to see or hear. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. But how big or bright is anyone’s guess.

Too bad about Brian Roberts…my wife loves that guy. We did suspect it though. He’s just too damn good for someone my size.

• Whocares says:

Mitchell’s Steroid List Leaked, Disputed By MLB Official

NEW YORK — Newschannel 4′s Jonathan Dienst has obtained names of baseball players expected to be on George Mitchell’s list of players linked to performance-enhancing drugs in major league baseball. Baseball officials are refuting several names on the list.

A high-ranking MLB official said there are several errors in the list provided to WNBC.com by two sources. Original sources are standing by the preliminary list provided to WNBC.com. Therefore, we working to clarify the list at this time.

7. Whocares says:

Umm..who cares? Let’s get back to hot stove. Let the sports writers cry over this. We live in a culture where EVERYONE is encouraged to get any advantage they can in their career. Hell even journalists – ASK DAN RATHER!!! Whether a player juiced or not does not make me like them less, lets get back to hot stove and send “Mr Red Sox” George Mitchell back to the trash heap (Boston) where he belongs.

8. tony from the bronx says:

I love Andy,but all you need to do is look at him in 1995-1998,then look at him after Clemens.I am glad Clemens is on the list.Nothing but a phony,money first player.Anyway I still love Andy.Also,if your not on the list,doesnt mean your not a juicer.

9. Kevin23 says:

Who cares? How about every single sportswriter who has nothing but time on their hands and print space and airtime to fill. So, all of them. They’ll go on and on manufacturing controversies for us bored office workers to chat about on the blogs the next day. Come on…you telling me you’d rather be working?

I’d like to see some wagering personally…just to spice things up. What are my odds for Chone Figgins appearing in the report?

• Whocares says:

LOL..true..I’d rather not be working – my point is it doesn’t make me like players like Pettitte any less if they are on the list. Now if we are wagering about whose on the list – how funny would it be if David Eckstein was listed? !!! LOL If Kyle Farnsworth juiced – the only thing he beefed up was his ERA! :-)