Jan

A note on comments

Over the last few days, we’ve had a few not-so-friendly arguments break out in the comments. We’ve since removed many — if not all — of the offending comments, and I just wanted to take a chance to remind you all to play nice in the comments. Try to refrain from nasty name-calling; don’t provoke each other; don’t post your personal information, or anyone else’s, on a public forum. Remember: We’re all, for the most part, Yankee fans here. It’s fine if we disagree about something, but don’t turn it into a war. We don’t like policing the comments as much the overwhelming majority of you don’t like reading juvenile fights.

1. Jorge Steinbrenner says:

That’s unfortunate. I’m sure I make some opinions the rile people up but, in the end, I think I have such a hard time keeping up with forum posts on both here and LoHud, that I have no clue most of the time what anyone said in reply.

It’s just a baseball team, folks. Let’s remember that.

P.S.: Melky’s better than a fourth outfielder.

P.S.S.: Keep Phil Hughes.

• TurnTwo says:

by the way, to fan the flames a little bit, Eric Karabell in the ESPN Fantasy section of the website, has jumped on the ‘Melky-Breakout’ bandwagon next season, FWIW.

2. Sean McNally says:

‘Elp! ‘Elp! I’m bein’ oppressed! [/end Holy Grail]

Seriously, this part of the year stinks… only three and a half weeks until pitchers and catchers.

3. Rob says:

I am really, truly sorry, Ben, Joseph, and Mike. I take full responsibility for my behavior. Next time I will let the trolls fester in their own nonsense. I really am sorry. It won’t happen again. This place is too good to ruin with those comments.

4. Bo says:

I’m not one for reading replies if it isn’t from one of the guys here.

I got no time or patience to deal with anonymous flame throwing trolls. That os part of the reason why I no longer check LOhud besides the front page. The comments section there is truly horrendous.

At least here you get intelligent comments. Well except for the last few days.

But as this blog gets more and more popular you will see more and mroe troublemakers.

• Joseph P. says:

Well, here’s the difference. Pete represents his newspaper, and thus has to appease the entire crowd. Whereas we only represent ourselves, so if we see things we don’t like in the comments, we’re much quicker to the “delete” button.

5. eric from morrisania says:

Ben K.:

HOW DARE YOU SAY WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT WHO YOU SAID IT ABOUT! I’M GOING TO KICK YOUR $#@$ $#&% WHEN I SEE YOU IN THE STREETS! MEET ME OUTSIDE, PUNK!

Seriously, though, we all love the site. Try not to take things personally, people. Just opinions.

P.S. You suck.

6. Jeff says:

Jerry… Jerry… Jerry… Gotta love the fights… well… No – the fact that people on this site have well thought out arguments is what makes it interesting to read. I think I was personally slandered the worst when some guy called me a Red Sox Fan… oh well…

7. DanElmaleh says:

Is there really a worse insult in the world than that?

8. steve (different one) says:

good show guys. i respect the authors of this blog, since they know what they are talking about. i also realize that i am a sarcastic bastard, and that doesn’t always go over well in text format. i wasn’t part of the shitstorm that prompted this post, but i know i am as guilty of the snark as anyone else.

except for the handful of Sox fans who post here, it’s good to be reminded that we all basically want the same thing. go yanks.

9. Realist says:

I apologise to everyone here for my part though see I am being compared to as a troll by the other party in this thread. This is the stuff that needs to stop and the reason it occurred.

Some people are so thin skinned that when their pov isn’t adhered to , the offender is “stupid” , “a kid” , “a bad parent” etc… This is what occurred and by using the “troll” referance happening once again by the same person?

I am no troll and my baseball experiences and intellegence has been shown since I joined here a couple of months ago. I know many that will agree with this and quite frankly the side handed comment is further nonsense from someone who just can’t stop or control themselves.

This last rift was my only and if you go back and look at my history I am respectful , sometimes funny and eager to hear other’s ideas. I don’t however appreciate having my parenting skills questioned in a baseball discussion on a baseball blog. That is unacceptable and anyone with any integrity would never stoop that low.

Again , I apologise but just want to set the record straight….

10. LiveFromNewYork says:

I was busy with work this week and missed all the excitement. Damn.

Maybe we’re all just bored.

Unless the Jints go to AZ I’m going to be sportsless for a few weeks. Watch me go stir crazy.