Jan

An off-season poll

You know the drill, folks. Vote, and we’ll listen to you. I think I know what’s going to win though.

For the rest of the off-season, what topic should we avoid writing about until something newsworthy actually happens?
Total Votes: 683 Started: January 17, 2008 Back to Vote Screen
Categories : Polls

1. how bout adding an option of, ALL OF THE ABOVE

2. CB says:

Please, no more Melky unless he comes up in some new trade scenario. Arguing about how good he is hasn’t led to many interesting posts. Unless its for Santana it doesn’t look like Melky’s going anywhere so what’s the point in discussing how good he is now vs. how good he could be in a vacuum. That’ll take care of itself during the season.

Just a lot of arguing and people trying to prove their side of the issue is the “correct” one by being the most insistent.

Just my opinion, but when you guys write about Melky, both the posts and the conversations they generate remind me of the type stuff you see on much lesser Yankee blogs.

RAB is one of the two or three best yankee blog around IMO.

Other than the Melky stuff.

3. Ben K. says:

Wow. These results are not at all what I expected.

4. daneptizl says:

I was hoping the Steroids would win and so far I’m liking the results.

5. Mike R. says:

I am pretty much tied between PEDs and Santana. I am fed up with both. I voted for PEDs because I’ve never really cared, while Johan did capture my interest for a while.

6. dan says:

Okay, I just look at the last five pages of posts on this site, which equals 48 posts (not including the poll right here or the aside to advertise the LoHud post). I categorized them by the topics listed above, and if it didn’t fit a category, it is listed as “other.” The breakdown:

Melky: 4 posts (8%)
    Johan: 8 posts (17%)
    STEROIDS!: 10 posts (21%)
    Joba: 4 posts (8%)
    Other: 22 posts (46%)

I didn’t completely double check my numbers, but they’re pretty close to being correct, and the percentages add up to 99% due to rounding.

So STEROIDS! have dominated the blog in the past 9-10 days, in terms of the number of posts, despite nothing groundbreaking happening. I’m not sure what this shows us, if anything, I just thought it might be an interesting exercise. And keep in mind, Melky comes up very often in the comments, more so than he does in actual posts.

7. Rob says:

Yeah, nothing’s changed on the Santana and PED fronts. At least with Melky we got some good discussion in about judging his value.

By the way, Buster predicts Santana ain’t going anywhere. I agree!

8. Steve A says:

Where was the daily Hank Steinbrenner press call in the voting options?

9. Kevin23 says:

At least steroids is pertinent to an entire era and potentially thousands of players, and involves an ongoing congressional dog and pony show/waste of our tax dollars. Melky is all about forecasting, our favorite past-time around here. And Joba Rules!

If I have to see one more story about the same trade offers for the same guy I’m going to start tearing out my nipple hair. I might have said too much.

10. Rob says:

I’m really sorry guys you had to edit out the nonsense. Next time I won’t feed the troll. I promise.